NORFOLK FOLK ASSOCIATION
Singing & Dancing all the year round! Affiliated to www.efdss.org
- Aims to promote and encourage Folk Music and Dance in the County
- Runs Folk dances & events in striking distance of Norwich - see examples below
- Till July 2017 published FOLKLIST*containing details of Morris and Molly Sides, Local Dance Clubs, Folk Song and Music Clubs across the County. *N.B. This is a 2017 sample & OUT OF DATE. NOW SEE this website MAIN MENU "WHAT'S ON"
- Is now working in partnership with Suffolk Folk as Mardles.org
- Membership is FREE from 1st January 2018! To be on the Mardles mailing list...
NORFOLK FOLK ASSOCIATION SPECIAL EVENTS 2017 - 2018
N.B. Out of date events are left here as an example of the events NFA ran in late 2017 and early 2018: See this website MAIN MENU "WHAT'S ON" FOR MORE CURRENT EVENTS .
Dances at Bawburgh Village Hall - NR9 3LL
- 2nd December 2017 - Christmas Dance - Ian Whitehead with Kelly’s Eye - £8.00 (members £7.00) 7.30pm.
- 14th April 2018 - Spring Dance - Paul Gardner with his own music - £4.00 7.30pm.
N.B. The Bawburgh based dances include FREE tea, coffee, soft drinks and a light DIY buffet: please bring a sweet and/or savoury contribution; it helps keep costs down. THANK YOU! There will also be a raffle. Further details: David Radnedge on 01603 615524
- 9th December 2017 - Folk Night Concert with folk trio Threescore & SPECIAL GUEST TONY HALL, melodeon maestro! - The Belfry Centre for Music and Arts, Overstrand, NR27 0NT 7pm. Phone 01263 579196/07763339052
- 10th Feb 2018 - Valentine's Dance - Bawburgh Village Hall. Contact Val on 01379 608313
- 23rd June 2018 - Summer Dance - Bawburgh Village Hall. Contact Val on 01379 608313
- Two Tones Charity Dances on 23rd. September 2017 & 23 December 2017 at 7.30 pm. Please bring a plate of food to share. Venue, the Unitarian Church, Gt Yarmouth. Contact Tony on 01493 290422 & 07955580455
- From September 2017, Tony Sundram will be running the Lowestoft Square and Folk Dance Club. Contact nos. are 01493 290422 & 0795558045
- Tony is also running a U3A English Country Dance group, on 2nd. and 4th. Monday afternoons, from 2 to 4pm also at the Unitarian Church Hall, Great Yarmouth, contact nos. as above
TO FIND THE LATEST ON OTHER EVENTS, BANDS, CALLERS AND THE FOLK ARTS
- For Callers David Radnedge 01603 615524
- For East Anglian Region This website www.mardles.org and The East Anglian Traditional Music Trust at www.eatmt.org.uk
- Nationally - The Full English - www.efdss.org/thefullenglish A ground breaking national online/searchable/digital archive of the Folk Arts, including education programmes, study days, activities for groups, schools, and communities, plus recordings by The Full English Band.
- More -