Stapleford Fiddle Day Saturday 9th November 2019
Mardles is pleased to announce a Fiddle Workshop day to be led by eminent fiddle player Dave Shepherd of Blowzabella. The workshop will be held at The Three Horseshoes, 2 Church Street, Stapleford, Cambridge CB22 5DS, just south of Cambridge on Saturday 9th November.
Format for the event is -
- Registration - 10:15 for 10.30am start
- Workshop 1 - Duration 2 hrs. English fiddle technique – bowings for hornpipes, decoration, using the fiddle for accompaniment (drones, chords and rhythm)
- Break for lunch - food and drink available to purchase at the pub
- Workshop 2 - Duration 1 1/2 hrs. Fiddle music from Western and Central France - Bourrees a trois temps from the Auvergne , rondes and avant-deux from the Vendee/Poitou
- Workshop 3 - Duration 1 1/2 hrs. The traditional english dance repertoire specific to the fiddle, including some examples from East Anglia
- Ending at about 17:00
|Off She Goes. trad G. Watson mss no 69|
|Rue des Pres (scottish)|
|Tit For Tat|
An evening TradDance open to the public will take place at the Great Shelford Memorial Hall 8.00 - 11.00pm. The music will be provided by Dave Shepherd, Anna Pack and The Three Horseshoes Fiddle Workshop Band. Workshop attendees will be able to play for the dancing using music learnt during the day.
£10 (Fiddle workshop participants free admission) - Bring your own drinks.
The Dance will be a 'TradDance' event (not the usual ceilidh) and will be an evening of traditional english dances featuring several dances from Eastern England. A few bal-folk dances will be included